The 1 oz American Gold Eagle is a popular choice because it has an iconic design that combines the best aspects of both collectibility and bullion investment appeal. This makes American Gold Eagles highly sought by both collectors and investors alike.
The U.S. Mint does not sell bullion coins directly to the public. Instead, they distribute their coins to a handful of authorized purchasers, who then sell the Gold bullion coins to the public.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in tubes while multiples of 500 are packaged in Monster Boxes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Modified from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famous Gold Double Eagle design, which depicts Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: The original Type 1 Reverse, utilized from 1986-2021, displays a male American bald eagle in flight bringing an olive branch to his nest, where a female waits with their young. The Type 2 reverse, introduced in 2021, features a striking close-up portrait of the American bald eagle.
- Minted at West Point, N.Y.