The American Gold Eagle, launched in 1986, is among the world's best selling Gold bullion coins. These 1/10 oz coins offer an attractive entry point to this series or Gold investing in general.
- Contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 50 American Eagles are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left.
- The Type 1 reverse, used from 1986-2021, shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young. The Type 2 reverse, introduced in 2021, shows a bold close-up portrait of an eagle.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.