With an iconic design and 1/2 oz of Gold, the American Gold Eagle combines the best aspects of collectibility and bullion investment appeal, which has made it America’s preferred Gold coin.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- The Type 1 reverse, used from 1986-2021, shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young. The Type 2 reverse, introduced in 2021, shows a bold close-up portrait of an eagle.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, NY.