Often considered the most beautiful of all American coin designs, the Gold American Eagle has received its first major redesign since its introduction in 1986. A PCGS certification adds collectible value to the inaugural issue of this new design.
- Each coin contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The First Day of Issue label guarantees this coin was among the very first of the Type 2 coins shipped from the mint.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.