The Gold American Eagle, showing a proud Lady Liberty, is often considered the most beautiful of all American coin designs. PCGS certification adds collectible value to the inaugural issue of the first ever redesign of this popular coin's reverse.
For the first time since their 1986 introduction, the Gold and Silver Eagles are receiving an updated design mid-year 2021. This mid-year introduction, coming at a time of unprecedented demand for bullion, has led to a very limited supply of coins available at launch. Act now to add the first issue of the new design to your collection!
- Each coin contains 1/10 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Black Label adds visual appeal to this sought-after coin.
- The First Day of Issue label guarantees this coin was among the very first of the Type 2 coins shipped from the mint.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.