The Gold American Eagle is based on Augustus Saint-Gaudens' 1907 $20 Gold Double Eagle, showing a proud Lady Liberty. PCGS certification adds collectible value to the inaugural issue of the first ever redesign of this popular coin.
- Each coin contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- The FirstStrike® designation guarantees this coin was among the earliest Type 2 Gold Eagles, shipping from the mint within 30 days of release.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.