This set is the first ever to bear the Type 2 Gold Eagle design, featuring an enhanced version of the classic obverse, paired with an updated reverse. Each of the four coins is certified a flawless PR-70 by PCGS.
- Contains a total of 1.85 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the flawless PR-70 condition of each coin.
- First Day of Issue designation indicates these were among the first coins shipped from the mint upon release.
- Obverse: An updated version of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: A bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.